Pages

February 18, 2009

Max Wanger Photography



Max Wanger is a photographer in New York whose work I originally heard of on one of my favorite blogs, A Cup of Jo. He photographed Joanna's engagement photos, and they are fabulous. I love the unique angles and the way he washes out the color in some of the photos, while over-saturating others.  Plus, couples smiling at each other or swinging on swings is way cuter than those "prom-pose-#5-by-the-creek" travesties I see in the newspaper every weekend. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I have a totally mixed review of this guy. I checked out the wedding photos first and LOVED them, but then started to hate them. Some of them seemed to miss the mark, while others were nothing short of perfect.

I hate cheesy, romantic stuff (sometimes I think I am a boy trapped in a girl's body), so I loved that they weren't what you always see. However, some of the photos I thought were really strange (one with a bride and her bridesmaids with only their heads cut off). What is the point of a photo like that?

Either way, thanks for bringing this to my attention Chelsea. It's good to know that in the off chance that I need a wedding photographer, there are some out there that don't turn a special day into a cliche!